January 26, 2017
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking an:
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
Transport musical artists and equipment between hotels, airports, Walt Disney Concert Hall or Hollywood Bowl and
other locations, driving a variety of LA Philharmonic vehicles including a 15 passenger van.
- Conduct self at all times with awareness of being the first point of contact with LA Philharmonic.
- Pick up and drop off artists and/or equipment safely and efficiently, following traffic regulations at all times.
- Load and unload luggage, musical instruments and prop equipment as needed into and out of vehicles.
- Run errands as assigned by Artist Department and Presentations staff in relation to productions.
- Maintain a flexible schedule when at all possible to accommodate fluid transportation schedule.
- Arrange optimal driving routes, taking into consideration traffic, the time of day, and possible obstacles.
- Ensure vehicles are clean and well-maintained and report problems with them.
- Maintain regular communication with the Artist Department.
- Provide weekly availability of at minimum of 15 hours, one-week in advance of schedule release.
- Maintain strict confidentiality all times regarding information shared by artists, LA Phil employees and others while driving, onstage, backstage or elsewhere while on or off duty
- Maintain discretion at all times especially while driving artists and others; only create a conversation if and when the person(s) being driven engages you in conversation.
- Do not answer questions that you are not sure of – respond that you will find out and get back to them later.
- Other duties as requested by Artist Liaison or other members of Artistic Planning department.
- Valid California Drivers License required; Commercial Drivers License (CDL) preferred. If hired without CDL must be willing to be trained and obtain it.
- Clean driving record.
- Familiar with Los Angeles area, freeway system and traffic patterns and good with directions/maps.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with excellent judgment and discretion.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including days, nights and overtime hours.
- Demonstrate a customer service orientation and be resourceful, organized and willing to take responsibility to complete assignments.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English. Spanish speaker preferred, but not required.
- Professional demeanor, well-groomed appearance, and positive attitude.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds and drive for extended periods.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when you have submitted your application.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using First Advantage.