Audience Services Supervisor
August 25, 2016
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Audience Services Supervisor
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Audience Services Supervisor is responsible for daily supervision and guidance of the Audience/Patron Services team, primarily ensuring that the level of customer service maintains a high standard over the phone, online, and in person.
- Supervise and train Audience and Patron Services Representatives.
- Monitor productivity and performance of customer service representatives to observe employee demeanor, technical accuracy and conformity to company policies and generates reports based on performance.
- Assist in scheduling staff to completely cover hours of operation.
- Ensure adherence to policies for attendance, established procedures etc.
- Prepare daily sales, customer service issue, call volume, and other reports as necessary.
- Prepare composite reports from individual reports by subordinates.
- Handle inbound sales, information and escalated complaint calls.
- Make outbound calls to patrons regarding ticketing and customer service issues.
- Route problem orders/calls and follow-through to resolution.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Answer questions and recommend corrective services to address customer complaints. Anticipate escalation and take over calls when needed.
- Build, establish and maintain open lines of communication with representatives, peers, trainers, managers, and other areas of the organization to facilitate problem solving.
- Serve as an information resource to team members; including continuous update of policy, procedural and informational data sources.
- Monitor individual, team and department results to identify and act on both positive and negative performance trends to ensure attainment of revenue goals and performance targets.
- Maintain harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Assist in the formulation of targets for individuals and teams.
- Devise ways to optimize procedures and keep staff motivated.
- Keep management informed on issues and problems.
- Assist in other department projects and meetings as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years in a professional customer service capacity with at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Must be a self-starter able to handle a variety of tasks concurrently, flexible, and willing to take initiative.
- Excellent problem-solver and critical thinker.
- Ability to manage diverse range of personnel.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate in a clear and courteous manner with patrons and staff.
- Ability to utilize flexibility and discretion when interacting with patrons and staff.
- Established supervisory and sales skills with the ability to work well with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform under stress while maintaining a considerate and professional manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Tessitura ticketing system a plus.
- Computer efficiency a must: fluent in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Genuine personality in interactions with others.
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to remain seated at computer for extended periods.
- Basic knowledge of classical music or training helpful.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using First Advantage.