Development Operations Coordinator
Full-time Administrative Staff
January 29, 2016
Position Summary: Under the supervision and guidance of the Director of Development Operations, the Coordinator is tasked with important data entry, data integrity, gift administration and general administrative support functions.
The Coordinator will accurately and efficiently perform daily constituent data entry and update tasks, perform projects to improve data integrity, support gift substantiation and the acknowledgement processes, and perform general administrative tasks to support the Director and Development Operations staff.
- Perform daily data entry functions to create new constituent records, and edit or update records as necessary.
- Responsible for updating constituent records based on returned mail, Tessitura CSIs, donor correspondence, and other sources.
- Perform constituent record data integrity reviews and subsequent updates utilizing industry standard best practices and LA Phil protocols.
- Utilize online resources to confirm address and relationship information (Nexis, USPS, Guidestar, etc.)
- Assist with and support the gift receipt and acknowledgement processes insuring that gifts are thanked and substantiated in a timely manner.
- As needed, research files for gift documentation to resolve discrepancies.
- Produce scheduled pledge reminders.
- Maintain appropriate files of donor records, prepare and distribute standard reports for department.
- Incorporate department best practices and business rules related to database integrity and fundraising protocols.
- Help to document and maintain Development Operations policy and procedure manuals.
- Provide administrative support to the Development Operations team generally and the Director, specifically. Schedule meetings, relevant preparation and subsequent follow-up, internal mail delivery, and other tasks as needed.
- Cross-train for occasional gift entry for vacation relief or times of heavy volume.
- Special database-related projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must enjoy working with data, have a keen eye for detail, understand the importance of accuracy, and have excellent time management skills.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a non-profit in a fundraising department and specifically in an advancement services/development operations capacity in a high-volume environment.
- Familiarity with current non-profit industry best practices relevant to data management and gift administration.
- Experience with Tessitura or other relational database.
- Expertise with MS Windows particularly Excel and Word merge functionality.
- Knowledge of IRS rules and regulations relevant to gift acceptance and substantiation.
- Exercise sound judgment and analysis to resolve procedural and financial discrepancies.
- Ability to prioritize and independently complete assigned tasks and projects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity of constituent data.
- Participation in appropriate professional development and networking opportunities.
How to Apply:
To apply, you must write "Development Operations Coordinator - LA Phil" in the subject line of your email or written prominently on your faxed or mailed submission. Please send resume, cover letter AND SALARY EXPECTATIONS to:
Los Angeles Philharmonic Association
Attn: Human Resource
151 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90012
No phone calls please.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using First Advantage.