You are here
Director, Corporate Sponsorship
Full-time Administrative Staff
July 3, 2014
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Director, Corporate Sponsorship
Direct the strategy and implementation of the LA Phil’s corporate sponsorship program, securing and sustaining corporate underwriting of concerts, and concert series, tours, and special events at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl.
- Create a long-term strategic plan to broaden the sponsorship base for the LA Phil and increase sponsorship revenue
- Develop creative sponsorship packages that provide corporations with measurable return on their sponsorship investments through distinct brand association, entertainment, and activation opportunities
- Identify new ways to sell sponsorships through innovative packaging of LA Phil programs and creative marketing/advertising opportunities Oversee the implementation of the corporate sponsorship packages, including negotiating sponsorship agreements and managing the delivery and activation of sponsorship rights and benefits while representing the LA Phil brand
- Oversee the delivery of sponsorship benefits, meeting contract specifications and deadlines
- Oversee coordination with appropriate LA Phil departments to ensure delivery of sponsorship benefits including marketing, box office, house crew, and other departments as required
- Oversee research to identify, cultivate and solicit new prospects whose markets reflect the reach of the LA Phil at both venues as well as touring
- Create all strategies and direct all procedures for renewing and/or upgrading and stewarding current corporate support for the organization
- Manage a team of two, securing a minimum of the current annual total portfolio of approximately $3,000,000, and pursuing the goal of growing this portfolio to $5,000,000 within 2-3 years
- Supervise the production of effective presentation materials such as research, letters, proposals and detailed work plans for sponsors and/or prospects, generating support for all artistic and educational programs of the LA Phil and utilizing all LA Phil marketing research and demographic data. Work collaboratively with development communications and leadership of the LA Phil on complex proposals, as appropriate
- Supervise the staff who implement the Business Partners Program and create a pipeline for new sponsorships
- Staff and represent the LA Phil at sponsorship events and on tour as needed, delegating to staff as appropriate
- Set goals for sponsorship staff and monitor results. Actively and effectively manage staff in order to meet department goals. Recruit, hire, train, supervise, mentor and evaluate staff
- Participate actively as a senior team member within the Development department
- Collaborate, interact and partner with other senior members of the LA Phil staff in order to further Corporate Sponsorships goals as well as the LA Phil mission
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Business or related subject
- Five or more years experience in corporate sponsorship in the arts, entertainment, sports, with proven sales track record or equivalent experience in corporate sales
- Excellent knowledge of advertising, media buying, corporate sponsorships, cause marketing, social media and other on-line techniques, and arts sponsors
- Professional leader able to inspire, manage and mentor staff
- Articulate, poised, and calm under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, work with a diverse population, be flexible, goal and results oriented, meet deadlines goals and budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, and familiarity with sales or fundraising software
- Available and willing to work nights and weekends as required
- Background and interest in the performing arts desirable but not necessary
How to apply:
To apply, you must write “Director of Corporate Sponsorship – LA Phil” in the subject line of your email or written prominently on your faxed or mailed submission. Please send resume, cover letter AND SALARY HISTORY to:
Los Angeles Philharmonic Association
Attn: Human Resources
151 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90012
No phone calls please.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using Kroll Background America, Inc.