Full-time Administrative Staff
May 25, 2016
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Responsible for coordinating and tracking annual, special project, and campaign solicitations and stewardship activities for Major Gifts ($10,000+). Maintain effective methods to document and communicate information on fundraising progress in order to meet budget goals and deadlines. Participate in development strategic planning and implementation as required. Provide administrative and program support as required for Director of Major Gifts.
- Provide administrative and program support to Director of Major Gifts including but not limited to completing expense reports, scheduling meetings, and answering calls.
- Using database tools and MGO work plans, maintain a comprehensive spreadsheet detailing prospect management and solicitation strategies for every donor and prospect in major gift portfolios. Update and distribute this document as needed.
- Coordinate prospect management information with development operations staff to ensure accurate recordkeeping
- Using database tools, track and report on all stages of the fundraising process
- Coordinate stewardship process for major gifts including but not limited to ensuring accuracy of donor listings in Performances and on website
- Collaborate with solicitors, research staff, and other key staff to ensure that fundraising plans are followed for all donors and prospects
- Assist with donor communications, correspondence, and proposal preparation as required
- Report on variances to revenue and timing. Serve as a link between staff responsible for various campaign efforts with the goal of maximizing fundraising potential from prospects and donors and ensuring cohesive communication on behalf of the institution
- Coordinate and participate in development staff meetings and strategy sessions in order to help facilitate the fundraising process and maximize contributed revenue. Draft agendas and take minutes at meetings
- Coordinate donor events as required
- Maintain confidentiality and accuracy of donor and prospect information
- Assist the Major Gifts team in becoming proficient with donor database
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum two years experience in arts funding and or development
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of fundraising practices, techniques and systems
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Good desktop computing capability on windows based software (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.), and Windows based donor database management software (preferably Tessitura)
- Ability to work under deadline, on a number of different tasks simultaneously, and be flexible, organized, and adaptable.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using First Advantage.