You are here
Executive Assistant to the President and CEO
Full-time Administrative Staff
September 22, 2014
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
This position provides highly personalized administrative support to the President, the most senior executive at the LA Philharmonic, in all internal and external affairs of the organization. This role proactively manages and facilitates the workflow of the Office of the President.
·Maintain strict confidentiality of highly sensitive financial, employee & personal information.
·Draft, proof, complete & send internal and external communications to and from the President. Write, or proof general correspondence, executive summaries, proposals, speeches, Power Point presentations and other communications as requested for the President.
·Maintain composure under pressure and proactively handle complex problems with minimal supervision.
·Manage daily calendar for President; coordinate agendas and all arrangements for meetings.
·Prioritize, place, receive & screen internal and external calls and set up rolling phone calls.
·Coordinate flow of complex and sensitive information among senior executives to facilitate decision-making at the highest level of the organization.
·Arrange for all domestic and international travel and hotel arrangements for the President and third parties; confirming and changing arrangements as needed. Coordinate with outside travel agent when appropriate.
·Manage personal affairs, including personal mail, personal appointments, insurance renewals and issues, paying bills, etc.
·Build and facilitate relationships, acting professionally and efficiently, with Board of Directors, staff, Music Director, musicians, music industry and all parties that interface with the President.
· Initiate processes to improve efficiency and timeliness of internal and external communications. Develop and administer follow-up system for President’s correspondence, including conducting research and preparing, drafting and tracking responses.
·Oversee distribution of Executive Office house tickets.
· frequent Artist and Development dinners.
· monthly Operating Committee meetings (and take notes).
· quarterly Executive Committee meetings, including lunch, conference room needs, etc.
· annual off-site meeting of The Ten, including meals, hotel, conference room needs, etc.
·Perform general office duties including but not limited to handling incoming mail, filing, photocopying, faxing and maintaining files and records.
·Independently respond to issues and requests that do not require the attention of the President.
·Manage Administrative Assistant.
·Complete special projects and assignments as requested.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality, work independently and exercise substantial discretion and judgment.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills; must be a quick, concise writer, able to write in a direct, effective manner reflecting President’s style. Professional phone manner.
· Highly organized, detail oriented, ability to establish priorities and adapt as they change.
· Be proactive and anticipate needs of the President.
· Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point), ability to conduct Internet research projects.
· Ability to work with diverse personalities at the office and in the community.
· Knowledge of classical music and familiarity with entertainers and musicians desired.
· At least 7-10 years experience as assistant to a senior executive.
· Four-year college degree desired.
How to apply:
To apply, you must write “Executive Assistant to the President and CEO – LA PHIL” in the subject line of your email or written prominently on your faxed or mailed submission. Please send resume, cover letter AND SALARY HISTORY to:
Los Angeles Philharmonic Association
Attn: Human Resources
151 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90012
No phone calls please.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using Kroll Background America, Inc.