Executive Assistant to the VP, Philanthropy
Full-time Administrative Staff
April 20, 2016
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking an:
Executive Assistant to the VP, Philanthropy
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
To support the activities of the Development Department and to provide administrative assistance to the Vice President of Philanthropy.
- Provide support to the VP of Philanthropy: Primary responsibilities include calendar management and phone coverage, preparing correspondence, setting up and confirming appointments including Founders reservations, ticketing needs, processing LA Phil forms, preparing briefing materials for donor visits, entering contact reports in donor database, helping to prepare VP for internal meetings, trouble shooting, communication with other LA Phil departments and donors, etc.
- Provide additional support to the Board Liaison and Campaign Manager, including phone back-up, coordinating correspondence, managing donor ticketing requests, phone calls, faxes and deliveries to donors, vendors and consultants, as required.
- Under the direction of the Board Liaison provide logistical support for all Board of Directors events and meetings, including Board meetings, committee meetings, and yearly Board retreats. Tasks will include but not be limited to room booking, arranging catering, tracking RSVP’s, ordering AV equipment, preparing board packets, room set up, name tags, assisting with check in, etc.
- Implement all-staff meetings including working with VP to set agenda, inviting speakers and taking responsibility for all logistics related to the meetings
- Attend to general office needs such as equipment repair, file archiving/shredding, and departmental supply needs and any other office management as required
- Work with artistic departments to coordinate backstage donor visits as required
- Keep office files, rosters current
- Under the direction of the Board Liaison assist with special requests from Board and other top donors, including assisting with logistics related to patrons tours and helping with ticketing
- Attend pre and post concert events as needed
- Attend and assist at major fundraising events
- Attend and assist at donor events
- Advance the goals of the development department (and the LAPA in general)
- Other assignments as needed
- Minimum 5 years administrative support experience preferably within the non-profit sector, ideally in performing arts or similar environment
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of, Tessitura and/or Archtics an asset.
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills and professional demeanor appropriate to interfacing with Board members and senior community and business leaders
- Research experience and music background are assets
- Bachelors degree required
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, while being responsive, respectful and collaborative and flexible to changing priorities. A sense of humor and the ability to multi-task with composure are essential.
- Goal oriented, able to meet deadlines with excellent planning and organization skills
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using First Advantage.