You are here
Full Time Temporary Education Assistant
Full-time Administrative Staff
June 19, 2015
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking an:
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
Responsible for the coordination and administration of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s education programs, including assisting the Director of Educational Initiatives and the Director of Community Affairs, and providing administrative support to departmental program managers. Also responsible for driving some department-wide projects and initiatives, & assisting and supporting aspects of LA Phil’s concerts for families and students.
- Main education and community department contact, route or respond to all Education inbox email and phone inquiries.
- Office manager for the department: organize workspace, maintain inventory of office supplies placing orders as needed, and archive all relevant Education printed materials.
- Assist Programming Manager, Education Concerts with administrative and production aspects of education concerts at Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl, including:
- Assist with auditions, pre-rehearsal orientations, and rehearsals
- Create and maintain detailed documentation on productions and data, including contact lists, music files, production Dropbox folders, and information, bios, and headshots for website
- Build and maintain rehearsal schedules and artist itineraries
- Generate, administer, and track artist contracts and payment schedules
- Coordinate artist luncheons and complimentary ticket distribution
- Schedule and interact with outside vendors, such as photographer and video production
- Organize pre-concert activity setup and logistics
- Manage production of program books and concert activity flyers
- Organize and execute event logistics for young musicians’ workshops, master classes, invited rehearsals, and events, including booking venues, reserving production needs, ordering catering, emailing invitations, tracking RSVPs, and creating event timelines.
- Schedule meetings, coordinate travel arrangements, and drive select phone and email correspondence for the Director of Educational Initiatives and the Director of Community Affairs.
- Process expense reports for Director of Educational Initiatives, Director of Community Affairs, Education Department Managers, and LA Phil Teaching Artists.
- Manage and track department credit card, invoices, and related receipts; submit monthly reports to Accounts Payable.
- Assist on school-based programs including ordering supplies, maintaining databases and schedule in-school concerts
- Maintain organized tracking of and appropriately distribute department’s complimentary tickets.
- Schedule Department meetings, drive agenda items, take notes, and follow up as necessary.
- Collect and drive internal and external Departmental communication, including content for regular social media & website updates, communications with the orchestra.
- Create and maintain sophisticated communication materials including fact sheets, program descriptions, visual reports, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Maintain Outlook contacts and other general contact lists for the department, assist with mailings as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Impeccable customer service
- Fanatical attention to detail; highly organized
- Experience coordinating and executing corporate, non-profit, and/or special events
- Professional proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works well in high-pressure, fast-paced corporate environment
- Ability to simultaneously oversee a high volume of details and correspond with vendors, crew, various LAPA departments, and event attendees
- Orchestral music and music education knowledge
- Able to work cooperatively in a small workplace
- Positive attitude, flexible
- Spanish proficiency a plus
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
How to apply:
To apply, you must write “Education Assistant – LA PHIL” in the subject line of your email or written prominently on your faxed or mailed submission. Please send resume, cover letter AND SALARY HISTORY to:
Los Angeles Philharmonic Association
Attn: Human Resources
151 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90012
No phone calls please.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using Kroll Background America, Inc.