You are here
Full-time Administrative Staff
June 8, 2014
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
This full-time position is responsible for supporting the LA Philharmonic Association in achieving its short and long term development goals with a primary focus on grant writing. Under the direction of the Director, Institutional Giving and Stewardship, the Grant Writer produces and edits fundraising materials soliciting public and private support for the LA Philharmonic Association.
- Produces high quality, timely proposals to foundation and government donors
- Copyedits and proofreads proposals, applications, reports and correspondence as assigned
- Produces correspondence per Association guidelines, including acknowledgement letters, solicitation and renewal letters, and queries
- Maintains and regularly updates foundation and government relations calendar for all application, reporting and invoicing deadlines to ensure timely acknowledgement of grants received and appropriate tracking, reporting and follow up on contract deliverables, maintaining foundation and government Tessitura records.
- Produces correspondence per Association guidelines regarding grant administration, including acknowledgement letters, queries, and cover letters
- Accurately prepares documents as part of grant applications, including budgets and expense reports
- Ensures the collection of attachments for grant proposals and reports, including brochures, programs, and reviews
- Coordinates reporting and project invoicing
- Collects program and financial information needed for grant proposals, reports, and budgets. Acquires and maintains sound knowledge and understanding of LAPA and its programs
- Prepares application packages for grant proposals, including photocopying, filing, and mailing
- Researches funding prospects locally and nationally.
- Maintains good work habits including dependability, adherence to LA Philharmonic Association workplace policies, preparedness for meetings and events, and responsive follow-through on all donor, supervisor, and staff requests
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in arts advocacy, arts philanthropy and arts education
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years experience in writing effective grant proposals for a mid to large size non-profit organization
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Social Science or in the Arts or demonstrated comparable experience. Master’s degree in Arts Administration a plus
- Outstanding business professional level communication skills (verbal and written)
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills and demonstrated ability to multitask effectively in fast paced environment within resource constraints and deadlines
- Intermediate business professional proficiency with desktop computing applications, internet research capabilities, and fundraising software tools (e.g. Microsoft Calendar, Word, Excel, and Tessitura)
- Ability to prepare budget and expense information for proposals and reports in an effective logical manner that users can easily follow
- Ability to conduct thorough, high volume research through interviews, file search, Internet and assemble information for effective written documents
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Maintains a positive attitude with donors and staff
- Background in – or knowledge of – musical arts preferred
How to apply:
To apply, you must write “Grant Writer – LA Phil” in the subject line of your email or written prominently on your faxed or mailed submission. Please send resume, cover letter AND SALARY HISTORY to:
Los Angeles Philharmonic Association
Attn: Human Resources
151 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90012
No phone calls please.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using Kroll Background America, Inc.