You are here
Manager, Digital Content
Full-time Administrative Staff
January 15, 2015
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Manager, Digital Content
Do you know how to tell a story? The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is looking for a highly-skilled individual to create and deploy content for LA Phil and Hollywood Bowl digital properties, including web, email, mobile and social media. We need someone to bring our concerts to life using video, audio, copy and new technologies. This highly-creative job requires persistence, creativity, and a love of music.
• Conceive, develop, create and deploy digital content for LA Phil/Hollywood Bowl websites and social media channels, including copy, images, videos and more.
• Work with Artistic, Orchestra Management, Publications, Education and Public Relations departments to ensure that the LA Phil and its organizational efforts are fully and accurately represented on LA Phil and Hollywood Bowl websites.
• Develop, create and maintain content for the LA Phil and Hollywood Bowl’s organizational and campaign-specific blogs.
• Build and improve email communications. Work closely with the Online Marketing Manager and staff writers to provide fresh and timely content for our emails.
• Own and oversee LA Phil/Hollywood Bowl marketing-related video efforts from conception to completion, including management of outside vendors/producers.
• Schedule, coordinate and design website updates with Web Administrator, including promotional areas, program pages and other information as needed. Review for and ensure accuracy and completeness, and edit as needed.
• Act as a key member of LA Phil Digital team in helping to determine and plan new media roadmap.
• Cross-promotion with artist websites, email lists, social media etc.
• Participate in social media initiatives, including oversight of YouTube and Instagram communities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• B.A. in related field of study preferred.
• 2-5 years experience in digital marketing.
• Ability to create, schedule and program digital content in a wide variety of formats, including video, audio, graphics and html. Knowledge of MS Office Suite, Photoshop, Final Cut, FTP programs and other programs as becomes necessary.
• Familiarity with Drupal or other content management systems.
• Experience with shooting and editing video.
• Experience with HTML and HTML emails.
• Self-starter, with the ability to work under pressure and smash through roadblocks.
• Able to take on new challenges and adapt to a changing landscape.
• Skilled in coordinating information, copy editing, proofreading, fact checking, research and/or writing.
• High awareness of new technologies, digital trends and innovations. Ability to master new concepts quickly and adapt to emerging practices.
• Music, arts and non-profit backgrounds a plus.
• Good communications skills.
• Ability to multi-task, work within deadlines and cooperate with a wide range of personalities.
How to apply:
To apply, you must write “Manager, Digital Content – LA Phil” in the subject line of your email or written prominently on your faxed or mailed submission. Please send resume, cover letter AND SALARY HISTORY to:
Los Angeles Philharmonic Association
Attn: Human Resources
151 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90012
No phone calls please.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using Kroll Background America, Inc.