You are here
Orchestra Operations Manager
Full-time Administrative Staff
April 22, 2014
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking an:
Orchestra Operations Manager
Work as a member of operations team to manage all aspects of day-to-day orchestra operations and concert production in order to insure successful performances and to maintain a positive relationship with Orchestra members.
- In partnership with Concert Operations Manager, manage all aspects of production planning for Los Angeles Philharmonic concerts at Walt Disney Concert Hall and Hollywood Bowl, including standard orchestra concerts and select staged productions.
- Lead all production and logistical arrangements for tours. Accompany Orchestra on tours.
- Manage the orchestral aspects of the production planning for a portion of the non-classical concerts that involve the orchestra.
- Collaborate with visiting classical performing groups to ensure their production needs are accomplished within the parameters of Walt Disney Concert Hall or the Hollywood Bowl.
- Communicate with Music Director and other conductors and their managers to provide and obtain production information.
- Work together with production staff to ensure successful performances.
- Record and Archive production information for managed concerts.
- Prepare and track operations and production budget for fiscal year.
- Assist Orchestra members with all interactions with staff or outside entities as necessary.
- Share in Orchestra Management concert duty, including nights and weekends as necessary.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with Music Director, Orchestra, stage crew, senior management, artists’ managers, guest conductors and artists, outside vendors, all other departments in the Association.
- Participate in Orchestra contract negotiations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience with orchestras.
- Touring experience preferred.
- Proven leadership and project management ability in the performing arts.
- General knowledge of artists and repertoire.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to:
- Deal tactfully at all levels
- Focus on many projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with high volume of work
- Work effectively in a highly collaborative and communicative team environment
How to apply:
To apply, you must write “Orchestra Operations Manager – LA Phil” in the subject line of your email or written prominently on your faxed or mailed submission. Please send resume, cover letter AND SALARY HISTORY to:
Los Angeles Philharmonic Association
Attn: Human Resources
151 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90012
No phone calls please.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using Kroll Background America, Inc.