Part Time Sales Associate
Retail & Museum
July 21, 2016
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Part Time Sales Associate at the Hollywood Bowl
Summary of the Position: Provide excellent customer service and assist with the day-to-day operations of the Hollywood Bowl Stores.
- Customer Service – Create a welcoming, professional and friendly store experience. Provide personal shopping services, use suggestive sales techniques. Be knowledgeable about all products especially music-related and artist-made goods.
- Information - Be knowledgeable about all Los Angeles Philharmonic and Hollywood Bowl performances, education programs, activities and leased events in order to be able to discuss them with guests. Distribute information.
- Concierge – Be knowledgeable about and make recommendations for local music and/or art happenings, restaurants and cultural attractions. Be able to provide directions and recommendations.
- Store operations – Follow open/close procedures, point of sale operations, cash handling, gift card sales, returns, respond to and direct phone calls.
- Visual Merchandising – Restock shelves, straighten merchandise, ensure displays are clean, keep back stock organized and in its proper location, update visual displays.
- Inventory Control - Check in and label received merchandise, ensure items are priced correctly. Complete paperwork, notify managers of shipment discrepancies, transfer merchandise to proper location.
- Signings and Special Events – Assist with event operations including equipment set up/tear down, sales and post event reconciliation.
- Other duties may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- Must have knowledge of classical music and be acquainted with jazz, pop and world music genres
- Previous retail sales experience with POS registers required.
- Retail experience selling music, art, accessories, and gifts a plus
- Must have excellent communication skills with ability to work in an intense busy atmosphere
- Flexible schedule required for day, evening and weekend shifts. Ability to work nights and weekend shifts
- Ability to bend, stand and walk (including stairs and hilly terrain) for up to the entire shift and the ability to work outside
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs
- High School diploma or equivalent is required with some college preferred and two years of retail experience
- Background check required
How to Apply
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- complete the application with all pertinent information
- at the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using First Advantage.