You are here
Part Time System Support Specialist, Desktop
October 31, 2014
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
System Support Specialist, Desktop (Part Time)
This is a technical position with responsibility for workstation hardware and support. Assists in the methodical, proactive approach to systems management to ensure high level of customer service.
• Manage desktop hardware inventories and recommend appropriate upgrades. Recommend and document procedures for standardizing workstations with approved suite of software clients. Configure new and re-purposed hardware with approved template
• Coordinate and conduct efficient moves, adds and changes of workstation hardware, with minimal impact to staff, ensuring all user data makes the transition intact
• Manage procedures for ensuring workstation hardware and application software is continually updated with appropriate performance and security patches
• Maintain and troubleshoot printer and multifunction copier hardware. Document and maintain procedures dealing with proper use of imaging hardware, including printing, faxing and scanning
• Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills. The ability to understand, assimilate and clearly convey complicated technical issues to non-technical users is critical
• Expertise in Windows XP/7 administration, networking concepts, hardware, cabling, etc
• Expertise in Windows-based PC applications (MS Office, etc.) vital
• Proven ability to prioritize, schedule, and work independently under deadline pressures
• Must be an innovative thinker with good understanding of system administration and bring creative approach to addressing various IT issues
• This position is part time, approximately 25 hours per week
• $10 per hour
How to apply:
To apply, you must write “Part Time System Support Tech - LA Phil” in the subject line of your email or written prominently on your faxed or mailed submission. Please send resume, cover letter AND SALARY HISTORY to:
Los Angeles Philharmonic Association
Attn: Human Resources
151 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90012
No phone calls please.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using Kroll Background America, Inc.