You are here
Seasonal Publicity Assistant
April 22, 2015
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Seasonal Publicity Assistant
The Seasonal Publicity Assistant will help the Los Angeles Philharmonic Publicity team publicize the Hollywood Bowl 2015 summer season, and may also help publicize the 2015/16 winter season at Walt Disney Concert Hall. The Publicity Assistant will learn the basics of public relations at one of Los Angeles’ largest non-profit organizations, and two of the world’s most iconic live music venues.
The primary responsibilities will be to assist the Publicity department with administrative tasks, support publicity campaigns and outreach, and assist onsite at the Hollywood Bowl for duties pertaining to various publicity initiatives.
These duties and responsibilities include:
- Writing of press releases and other press materials
- Coordinating distribution of above materials to various local, national, and international media outlets
- Onsite concert duty, including press ticket distribution and escorting news cameras
- Distributing and maintaining record of press clippings
- Database and artist file maintenance
- Coordinating photo distribution to media outlets
- Assist in creatively pitching story ideas to relevant news outlets
- Assist with press ticket allocation
The Seasonal Publicity Assistant will be required to work at two locations: Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl.
There is one, full-time seasonal position available. It is a paid position, at $9.00 per hour. Since the position will involve activity between the Walt Disney Concert Hall and Hollywood Bowl sites, we ask that you have a clean driving record and access to reliable transportation due to the commute between the 2 venues. We will reimburse your mileage for travel between the two sites during the regular course of business and cover your parking at both sites. The ideal applicants will be available to start on Monday June 8 through to the end of September.
- Strong organizational, communication, writing and social skills
- Clean driving record and access to reliable transportation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Have an interest and/or knowledge of music/performing arts
- This is an ideal position for a journalism, communications, marketing/PR, or arts administration major
- Night/weekend work is required
- 1 full-time seasonal position available, $9.00 per hour
- Position will run June through September
How to apply:
To apply, you must write “Seasonal Publicity Assistant – LA Phil” in the subject line of your email or written prominently on your faxed or mailed submission. Please send resume and cover letter to:
Los Angeles Philharmonic Association
Attn: Human Resources
151 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90012
No phone calls please.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using Kroll Background America, Inc.