Seasonal Publicity Assistant
April 14, 2016
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Seasonal Publicity Assistant
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
Summary of the Position:
The Seasonal Publicity Assistant will help the Los Angeles Philharmonic Public Relations team publicize the Hollywood Bowl 2016 summer season, and may also help publicize the 2016/17 winter season at Walt Disney Concert Hall. The Publicity Assistant will learn the basics of public relations at one of Los Angeles’ largest non-profit organizations, and two of the world’s most iconic live music venues.
There is one seasonal position available. It is a paid position, at $10.50 per hour, 40 hours per week. The ideal applicants will be available to start on Monday June 6 through to the end of September.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities will be to assist the Public Relations department with administrative tasks, support publicity campaigns and outreach, and assist onsite at the Hollywood Bowl for duties pertaining to various publicity initiatives.
These duties and responsibilities include:
- Writing of press releases and other press materials
- Coordinating distribution of above materials to various local, national, and international media outlets
- Onsite concert duty, including press ticket distribution and escorting news cameras
- Distributing and maintaining record of press clippings
- Database and artist file maintenance
- Coordinating photo distribution to media outlets
- Assist in creatively pitching story ideas to relevant news outlets
- Assist with press ticket allocation
The Seasonal Publicity Assistant will be required to work at two locations: Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. Since the position will involve activity between the Walt Disney Concert Hall and Hollywood Bowl sites, we ask that you have a clean driving record and access to reliable transportation due to the commute between the 2 venues. We will reimburse your mileage for travel between the two sites during the regular course of business and cover your parking at both sites.
- Strong organizational, communication, writing and social skills
- Clean driving record and access to reliable transportation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Have an interest and/or knowledge of music/performing arts
- This is an ideal position for a journalism, communications, marketing/PR, or arts administration major
- Night/weekend work is required
- Seasonal position working 40 hours per week
- Position will run June through September
How to Apply
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- complete the application with all pertinent information
- at the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using First Advantage.