Shuttle Lot Dispatcher
Hollywood Bowl Summer
February 1, 2016
Job Summary: Manage all operational needs and services for each shuttle lot. Help organize shuttle.
- Manage assigned shuttle lot location. Duties include but are not limited to the following: supervising security staff; understanding the placement of signs, cones, and barricades to reserve and protect bus parking spaces if needed
- Maintain ridership information for each departure
- Act as the Bowl liaison to bus operators for assigned shuttle lot location
- Help at the end of the show to load patrons for return trip to each shuttle lot
- Keep accurate time records and abide by the meal and rest period policy
In addition to major duties, all employees are required to assist other departments when necessary and as directed by a supervisor. Tasks may include helping recover cushions at the end of shows, helping with trash and assisting on the bus island. Employees are expected to respond to a wide range of customer service issues with sensitivity and care.
Requirements: Existing knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn the following:
- Shuttle routes and departure/return information
- Parking policies and procedures
- The greater Los Angeles area
- System for ticket purchase
- Layout of Bowl
- Appropriate employee conduct
- A working cell phone is required
- Work outside
- Bend, stand and walk/run (including hilly terrain and stairs) for up to duration of entire work shift
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Sit for up to a couple of hours at a time during work shift
2 Ways to Apply:
1. Complete the online application IN PERSON at the Hollywood Bowl Operations Office at 2301 North Highland Avenue, LA 90068.
2. Complete the online application AT HOME by clicking here.
- complete the application with all pertinent information
- at the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
If you have any general questions, please email HBSummerJobs@laphil.org or call (323) 850-2060.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using First Advantage.