You are here
Shuttle Lot Dispatcher
Hollywood Bowl Summer
August 22, 2014
SHUTTLE LOT DISPATCHER
Job Statement: Manage all operational needs and services for each shuttle lot. Help organize shuttle.
· Manage assigned shuttle lot location. Duties include but are not limited to the following: supervising security staff; understanding the placement of signs, cones, and barricades to reserve and protect bus parking spaces if needed
· Maintain ridership information for each departure
· Act as the Bowl liaison to bus operators for assigned shuttle lot location
· Help at the end of the show to load patrons for return trip to each shuttle lot
· Keep accurate time records and abide by the meal and rest period policy
In addition to major duties, all employees are required to assist other departments when necessary and as directed by a supervisor. Tasks may include helping recover cushions at the end of shows, helping with trash and assisting on the bus island. Employees are expected to respond to a wide range of customer service issues with sensitivity and care.
Reports to: Transit Manager
Interacts with: Supervisor, bus operators, security staff and Hollywood Bowl patrons.
Requirements: Existing knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn the following:
· Shuttle routes and departure/return information
· Parking policies and procedures
· The greater Los Angeles area
· System for ticket purchase
· Layout of Bowl
· Appropriate employee conduct
· A working cell phone is required
· Work outside
· Bend, stand and walk/run (including hilly terrain and stairs) for up to duration of entire work shift
· Lift and carry up to 25 pounds
· Sit for up to a couple of hours at a time during work shift
3 Ways to Apply:
1. Complete the application IN PERSON at the Hollywood Bowl Operations Office at 2301 North Highland Avenue, LA 90068.
2. Download and complete the application and FAX the printed application to (323) 851-5617.
3. Complete the application ONLINE
· open the online application using Internet Explorer. IF you are using Firefox or Safari you MUST download the application to your computer before completing it
· complete the application with all pertinent information
· click the submit button at the top of the document
· press the allow button in the pop up question – “if you trust this site, choose Allow”
· you will receive an email and pop up confirmation that your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using Kroll Background America, Inc.