Special Events Coordinator
Full-time Administrative Staff
May 12, 2017
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Special Events Coordinator
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
This position is responsible for day-to-day administrative and clerical tasks to support the Special Events team in the implementation of 30+ cultivation and fundraising events. The coordinator will also support the Special Events team in the production of the winter and summer galas at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and Hollywood Bowl respectively.
- Support Director, Individual Giving and Special Event Managers
- Update internal master calendar with events
- Update production timeline with completed and pending tasks
- Coordinate Development department audience rehearsals, artist salons and meet the musician events
- Book appropriate meeting venues and contract for catering services
- Daily processing of event financials including revenue and expenses
- Maintain event expenses for galas, rehearsals, artist salons and other events
- Input and manage event data in Tessitura including gala seating and ticketing information
- Maintain related website updates
- Review and edit donor acknowledgement letters
- Schedule volunteers for large event projects
- Format, merge and print mailing list and/or labels for event invitation projects
- Respond to emails and calls from the Special Events phone line and email
- Assist with follow up calls to patrons
- Update gala sales reports and RSVP sheets
- Submit City of LA notice of intent to solicit for galas
- Update donor records with event and RSVP information
- Create, organize and maintain special event photo files and supplies
- Provide support for events both on and offsite
- Willingness to travel and work nights and weekends
- Assist in the coordination of four Board Meetings and ancillary Board events
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time and support with deliverables as needed.
- Minimum of one to three years experience in fundraising special events preferably within the non-profit arts sector.
- First rate customer service and interpersonal skills. Ability to think critically and strategically to anticipate challenges and trouble-shoot.
- Polished personal presentation and comfortable interacting with all members of an organization.
- Excellent overall business-level communication and writing skills. Ability to create and prepare correspondence in Word and financial reports in Excel. Excellent proofreading skills are a plus.
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to multi-task within strict timelines and budgetary constraints. Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to multi-task and bring time sensitive projects to completion.
- Strong business-level computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and donor databases such as Raiser’s Edge or Tessitura
- Facility with fundraising databases, such as The Raiser’s Edge, Tessitura, and other CRM/ticketing databases is strongly desired.
- Experience in print design, copy-editing, budgeting, and fundraising are strongly desired.
- Must be team player that enjoys collaboration, yet possesses an ability to lead when necessary.
- Music background preferred; passion for the Association’s mission is critical.
- B.A. in the arts preferred or equivalent experience. Performing arts background preferred.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local law. The Association also provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.