Special Events Coordinator
Full-time Administrative Staff
May 10, 2016
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking an:
Special Events Coordinator
This position is responsible for day-to-day administrative and clerical tasks to support the Special Events team in the implementation of 30+ cultivation and fundraising events. The coordinator will also support the Special Events team in the production of the winter and summer galas at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and Hollywood Bowl respectively.
- Support Director, Individual Giving and Special Event Managers
- Update internal master calendar with events
- Update production timeline with completed and pending tasks
- Coordinate Development department audience rehearsals, artist salons and meet the musician events
- Book appropriate meeting venues and contract for catering services
- Daily processing of event financials including revenue and expenses
- Maintain event expenses for galas, rehearsals, artist salons and other events
- Input and manage event data in Tessitura including gala seating and ticketing information
- Maintain related website updates
- Review and edit donor acknowledgement letters
- Schedule volunteers for large event projects
- Format, merge and print mailing list and/or labels for event invitation projects
- Respond to emails and calls from the Special Events phone line and email
- Assist with follow up calls to patrons
- Update gala sales reports and RSVP sheets
- Submit City of LA notice of intent to solicit for galas
- Update donor records with event and RSVP information
- Create, organize and maintain special event photo files and supplies
- Provide support for events both on and offsite
- Willingness to travel and work nights and weekends
- Assist in the coordination of four Board Meetings and ancillary Board events
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time and support with deliverables as needed.
- Minimum of one to three years experience in fundraising special events preferably within the non-profit arts sector.
- First rate customer service and interpersonal skills. Ability to think critically and strategically to anticipate challenges and trouble-shoot.
- Polished personal presentation and comfortable interacting with all members of an organization.
- Excellent overall business-level communication and writing skills. Ability to create and prepare correspondence in Word and financial reports in Excel. Excellent proofreading skills are a plus.
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to multi-task within strict timelines and budgetary constraints. Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to multi-task and bring time sensitive projects to completion.
- Strong business-level computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and donor databases such as Raiser’s Edge or Tessitura
- Facility with fundraising databases, such as The Raiser’s Edge, Tessitura, and other CRM/ticketing databases is strongly desired.
- Experience in print design, copy-editing, budgeting, and fundraising are strongly desired.
- Must be team player that enjoys collaboration, yet possesses an ability to lead when necessary.
- Music background preferred; passion for the Association’s mission is critical.
- B.A. in the arts preferred or equivalent experience. Performing arts background preferred.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using First Advantage.