You are here
Staff Accountant, Part Time
October 6, 2013
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Part Time Staff Accountant
Perform assigned accounting functions such as daily and monthly journal entries, cash receipts, stock gifts and deposits, accounts receivable, fixed assets management, retail operations accounting, endowment reporting management and account analysis. Perform other assigned functions such as providing records for auditors, scanning accounts payable invoices, journal entries and cash receipts. Work under moderate supervision.
- Prepare deposits and journal entries of daily cash receipts and stock gifts received; send copies of donor checks and correspondence to Development Department for acknowledgement; reconcile development income to accounting records
- Fixed Asset Management includes project assignment for Fund 02 Facility Fund projects, maintenance of fixed asset sub-ledger, preparation of monthly depreciation, reporting of fixed asset annual survey, budget and forecast of depreciation expense and annual audit fixed asset schedules
- Retail Operations functions include review and preparation of monthly journal entries of COGS, COGS consignment and write offs of inventory; monitor physical inventory counts; reconcile retail inventory to the general ledger accounts at year-end
- Endowment reporting management includes the maintenance and reporting of endowment gifts in a sub-ledger; reconciliation to the general ledger system on a quarterly basis; preparation of various reports used for the annual audit
- Accounts receivable invoicing and follow-up on delinquent/past due accounts
- Submit applications for and track receipt of matching gifts and follow up on those that are overdue
- Prepare monthly journal entries as required to include Hollywood Bowl entries, standard monthly entries, postage, prepaid amortization, accruals and others as assigned
- Open Finance mail, log and distribute. Scan A/P invoices, journal entries and cash receipts
- Prepare audit confirmations and update the audit analyses log
- Prepare bank reconciliation and account analyses as assigned
- Five years staff accounting work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business preferred and/or experience working in the corporate accounting or finance department of a non-profit organization
- Computer proficiency in:
Microsoft Excel to include Pivot Tables and V Lookups
Accounting Software (such as Great Plains or equivalent)
Business Intelligence Planning Software (such as IBM Cognos used for planning, forecasting, analytics and reporting)
- Fixed Assets experience
- Retail operations experience
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Positive and energetic attitude towards work and the organization
- Solid writing and oral communication skills
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- This position is part time, approximately 5 hours, 5 days a week.
How to apply:
To apply, you must write “PT Staff Accountant - LA Phil” in the subject line of your email or written prominently on your faxed or mailed submission. Please send resume, cover letter AND SALARY HISTORY to:
Los Angeles Philharmonic Association
Attn: Human Resources
151 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90012
No phone calls please.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using Kroll Background America, Inc.