Hollywood Bowl Summer
April 7, 2014
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking:
SummerSounds: music for kids at the Hollywood Bowl is L.A.’s premier world music festival for children. Every weekday between July 7 and August 1, 2014 a guest ensemble is featured in two performances daily, and children create their own art projects in our Fine Arts Outdoor Studio. Ushers are needed to work in the performance area to assist guests and participate in the program.
- Greet guests as they enter the performance area
- Assist children and adults in getting to their appropriate seating areas
- Interact and engage with children, adults, and performers as needed
- Must enjoy interacting with children under 9 years of age
- Must have experience and skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Playing a musical instrument
- Fine arts
- Must be responsible, enthusiastic, able to follow directions, and take on a leadership role as needed
- Be at least 16 years of age with a valid work permit if under 18
- Proof of eligibility to work in the country
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the Hollywood Bowl
July 7 – August 1, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Mandatory training session on Saturday, July 5th
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please download the application and FAX the completed application, cover letter, and resume (if available) to 213-972-7650 or email to email@example.com. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is Friday May 2, 2014. Interviews will be scheduled with selected applicants by the end of May.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using Kroll Background America, Inc.