You are here
Theater Attendant (Usher)
Hollywood Bowl Summer
August 14, 2014
THEATER ATTENDANT (USHER)
Job Statement: Welcome, seat and assist patrons.
· Seat patrons
· Answer questions
· Check tickets
· Control area
· Take tickets
· Monitor speed ramps
· Clear aisles before show
· Collect cushions
· Assist with buses
· General duties as assigned
· Operate 2-way radios
· Keep accurate time records and abide by the meal and rest period policy
In addition to major duties, all employees are required to assist other departments when necessary and as directed by a supervisor. Tasks may include helping recover cushions at the end of shows, helping with trash, and assisting on the bus island. Employees are expected to respond to a wide range of customer service issues with sensitivity and care.
Reports to: Promenade Supervisor
Interacts with: Public, co-workers and supervisors
Requirements: Existing knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn the following:
· Layout of theater and grounds
· Event times and program information
· Ticket information
· Appropriate employee conduct
· Knowledge or ability to learn/use 2-way radios
· Work outside
· Bend, stand and walk (including hilly terrain and stairs) for up to duration of entire work shift
· Lift and carry up to 20 pounds
· Sit for up to a couple of hours at a time during work shift
3 Ways to Apply:
1. Complete the application IN PERSON at the Hollywood Bowl Operations Office at 2301 North Highland Avenue, LA 90068.
2. Download and complete the application and FAX the printed application to (323) 851-5617.
3. Complete the application ONLINE
· open the online application using Internet Explorer. IF you are using Firefox or Safari you MUST download the application to your computer before completing it
· complete the application with all pertinent information
· click the submit button at the top of the document
· press the allow button in the pop up question – “if you trust this site, choose Allow”
· you will receive an email and pop up confirmation that your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using Kroll Background America, Inc.