Theater Attendant (Usher)
Hollywood Bowl Summer
February 1, 2016
Job Summary: Welcome, seat and assist patrons.
- Seat patrons
- Answer questions
- Check tickets
- Control area
- Take tickets
- Monitor speed ramps
- Clear aisles before show
- Collect cushions
- Assist with buses
- General duties as assigned
- Operate 2-way radios
- Keep accurate time records and abide by the meal and rest period policy
In addition to major duties, all employees are required to assist other departments when necessary and as directed by a supervisor. Tasks may include helping recover cushions at the end of shows, helping with trash, and assisting on the bus island. Employees are expected to respond to a wide range of customer service issues with sensitivity and care.
Requirements: Existing knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn the following:
- Layout of theater and grounds
- Event times and program information
- Ticket information
- Appropriate employee conduct
- Knowledge or ability to learn/use 2-way radios
- Work outside
- Bend, stand and walk (including hilly terrain and stairs) for up to duration of entire work shift
- Lift and carry up to 20 pounds
- Sit for up to a couple of hours at a time during work shift
2 Ways to Apply:
1. Complete the online application IN PERSON at the Hollywood Bowl Operations Office at 2301 North Highland Avenue, LA 90068.
2. Complete the online application AT HOME by clicking here.
- complete the application with all pertinent information
- at the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
If you have any general questions, please email HBSummerJobs@laphil.org or call (323) 850-2060.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Association does thorough background checks on all applicants using First Advantage.