You are here
Designed to help young musicians find their compositional voices, this tuition-free, one-year program leverages the resources and offerings of the LA Phil and the Composer Fellowship Program to provide support and guidance for aspiring young composers.
The Associate Composer Program was inspired by the Composer Fellowship Program (CFP), an initiative designed by Pulitzer Prize-winning composer Steven Stucky. It is administered by the Los Angeles Philharmonic, under the direction of Teaching Artist Sarah Gibson, a graduate of Indiana University and current Doctoral candidate in composition at USC.
- Eight master classes per year led by the Teaching Artist; Associate Composers receive individual and group instruction
- Includes a two-ticket subscription to the LA Phil’s Green Umbrella new music concert series (4-5 total concerts, October-May)
- Opportunity to have their chamber music compositions professionally recorded and performed live by professional musicians
- Access to select LA Phil rehearsals throughout the season
- No fee for participation; all costs are underwritten by the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association