Today's "B&P" – All music lovers are welcome to join!
Our committee is open to all classical music aficionados, not just members of the business and professional community. B&P Committee Members fondly think of our committee as the "Backstage & Performers Committee" of the Los Angeles Philharmonic because most of our meetings take place at the Music Center, and the guest speakers are often performing with the LA Philharmonic!
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Business and Professional Committee hosts several monthly luncheon meetings at the Music Center, catered by the Patina Group. Additional events may include musicales, galas, holiday get-togethers, tours and rehearsals. The Committee's special focus is the support of the Philharmonic's Music Library. We underwrite musical scores used by the orchestra.
Our members benefit from enriched cultural education, meeting like-minded fellow members, social events, and the satisfaction that comes from supporting one of the world's greatest orchestras and its library. Our meetings, under the leadership of President David Clark, are outstanding and varied. So if your passions include classical music and expanding your horizons, you've found your peers at the B&P. Enjoy the camaraderie!
Previous guest speakers at our luncheon meetings have included:
- Esa-Pekka Salonen, Principal Conductor and Artistic Advisor of the London Philharmonia Orchestra and Conductor Laureate of the Los Angeles Philharmonic
- Sir Simon Rattle, Music Director of the Berlin Philharmonic
- Richard Goode, World-renowned pianist
- Martin Chalifour, Principal Concertmaster, Los Angeles Philharmonic
- Leila Josefowicz, World-renowned violinist
- Frederica Von Stade, Legendary mezzo-soprano
- Yasuhisa Toyota, Chief acoustician for Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Iván Fischer, Budapest Festival Orchestra, Music Director
- Peter Sellars, World-renowned director
- Lionel Bringuier, Associate Conductor of the Los Angeles Philharmonic
For further information about B&P programs, please email Gary Hollander, Program Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For membership information please email Marcia Hollander, Membership Chair, at email@example.com.
Click here to download our information brochure.