You are here
The Glendale Philharmonic Committee of the Los Angeles Philharmonic is an affiliate group based in Glendale, though many members are from surrounding communities as well. The Committee's purpose is to aid in the support and maintenance of the Los Angeles Philharmonic and to acquaint the general public with the educational, artistic, and civic value of the orchestra. Our Youth Music Education Program also supports this goal.
The primary focus of our group is to support youth music education in the following ways:
- Bringing the Music Mobile presentation to third grade students in the Glendale public schools.
- Through the Marge Parks Instrument Usage Scholarship, providing a $50.00 instrument usage scholarship for a deserving student from each of the 20 Glendale schools to study instrumental music.
- Providing bus transportation for selected Glendale elementary classrooms to attend Symphonies for Schools.
- We serve as volunteer docents for the Pasadena Showcase House in the spring. Proceeds from our assistance go towards our donation to the Los Angeles Philharmonic.
- Crescenta Valley High School Instrumental Ensemble, performed at our Musicale in Spring 2013.
- John Hayhurst, violist from the Los Angeles Philharmonic, performed at our Musicale in December 2012.
We are a small but active and vibrant group of volunteers who enjoy meeting once a month in a member's home. Our meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month, from September to June. We also have two luncheons per year with special music performances.
For membership information, please contact:
Lucile Leard, President
692 Burchett Street
Glendale, CA 91202
Virginia Royer, Membership Chairman
1116 Don Jose Drive
Glendale, CA 91207