The Santa Monica-Westside Philharmonic Committee was established in 1934 with the purpose of supporting the Los Angeles Philharmonic in accordance with Affiliate policy. There are currently 57 active members who attend meetings, presided over by President Mrs. Marcia Marzullo, all of which include professional-caliber music programs.
Annual activities include:
- Fall Membership Tea, to which prospective new members are invited
- December Holiday Party, with holiday music and reception
- Fundraising Musicales in January, February and March, with receptions for the artists
- Fundraising benefit luncheon in April, complete with silent auction
- Annual meeting, celebration and luncheon in May
- Fun summer parties given by and for members
Current Financial Commitment:
- Dues - $35
- Purchase of season ticket to the Philharmonic OR contribution of $50 to the Student Ticket Braille Fund
- Three Musicales - $60
- Benefit - $75
- Contribution to Philharmonic Friends of at least $50
Anyone is eligible for membership who is willing and able to participate in all activities planned by the Santa Monica-Westside Philharmonic Committee. Membership offers unusual musical experiences, enduring friendships, and a sense of participation in a worthwhile community effort.