HOLLYWOOD BOWL 2017 SUMMER SEASON UPDATES
Cumbia at the Bowl! - Show Added
Saturday, September 16
Additional artists added throughout the Hollywood Bowl 2017 Summer Season
"Five-or-More" Subscriptions on Sale Tomorrow
Tuesday, March 14, at 10AM
Los Angeles, CA (March 13, 2017) - The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association today announced the following updates to the Hollywood Bowl 2017 summer season.
- The U.S. Air Force Band of the Golden West will perform selections with the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra at the July Fourth Fireworks Spectacular with Pentatonix concerts (July 2, 3 and 4)
- Special guest JAMTOWN featuring Donavon Frankenreiter, G. Love & Cisco Adler to open for Jack Johnson. (July 16)
- Special guests Jane Monheit, Patrice Rushen and Billy Childs added to the lineup for Ella and Dizzy: 100 Years, 1,000 Memories. (July 19)
- JD McPherson makes his Hollywood Bowl debut to resurrect old-school rock 'n' roll as he joins the bill of The Brian Setzer Orchestra celebrating their 25th anniversary. (August 2)
- The Hollywood Bowl Orchestra will perform with Diana Krall and to open the concerts its Principal Conductor, Thomas Wilkins, will lead a selection of orchestral works. (August 11 and 12)
- Lake Street Dive to join the evening featuring Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue and St. Paul & The Broken Bones. (August 30)
- SHOW ADDED: Cumbia at the Bowl! to feature some of cumbia's most beloved artists for the first time at the Bowl including Los Ángeles Azules with the Los Angeles Philharmonic, Grupo Cañaveral, and La Sonora Dinamita. (September 16)
- SHOW ADDED: Fleet Foxes make their Hollywood Bowl debut and Beach House return for their first show at the Bowl since 2010. Single tickets go on sale March 17 at 10:00AM PDT. (September 23)
- PROGRAM ADDED: The complete line-up for the 39th Annual Playboy Jazz Festival can be viewed below. (June 10 and 11)
Tomorrow, Tuesday, March 14, "Five-or-More" subscriptions become available. "Five or More" packages allow for a customized subscription. Choose any five concerts, get the best available seats, and enjoy a sixth concert for free.
Additional information on Hollywood Bowl 2017 season updates follows:
Tickets for the Hollywood Bowl 2017 summer season will be available online at HollywoodBowl.com or via phone at 323.850.2000 on the following dates:
- "Five-or-More" packages will be available beginning tomorrow, March 14, 2017, at 10 AM.
- The Hollywood Bowl box office opens for single tickets on May 6, 2017.
For additional information, please visit: http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/
About the Hollywood Bowl
One of the largest natural amphitheaters in the world, with a seating capacity of nearly 18,000, the Hollywood Bowl has been the summer home of the Los Angeles Philharmonic since its official opening in 1922, and plays host to the finest artists from all genres of music, offering something for everyone. It remains one of the best deals anywhere in Los Angeles; to this day, $1 buys a seat at the top of the Bowl for many classical and jazz performances. In February 2017, the Hollywood Bowl was named Best Major Outdoor Concert Venue for the thirteenth year in a row at the 28th Annual Pollstar Awards. For millions of music lovers across Southern California, the Hollywood Bowl is synonymous with summer.