You are here
Part of FR2 Friday Evening 2
Listen Program Notes
About This Performance
Beethoven the pianist revolutionized what it meant to be a public performer, creating the template of the artist as a culture’s creative conscience. His Piano Concertos Nos. 2 and 4 were composed about ten years apart and reveal much about how he evolved the medium as both composer and performer.
Dudamel and Andsnes resume their highly acclaimed survey of Beethoven’s piano concertos.
A commissioned cantata by Australian composer Brett Dean.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Bach & Schumann: Friday, November 29, 2013 - 8:00pm
- Christmas with Gustavo: Friday, December 13, 2013 - 8:00pm
- Hilary Hahn Plays Nielsen: Friday, January 31, 2014 - 8:00pm
- MINIMALIST JUKEBOX: Gordon, Riley & Adams: Friday, April 11, 2014 - 8:00pm
- MOZART/DA PONTE TRILOGY: Dudamel Conducts Così: Friday, May 23, 2014 - 8:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.