You are here
Part of SA3 Saturday Evening 3
About This Performance
The commission for a cello concerto from Oliver Knussen touches an important anniversary base in our first decade at Walt Disney Concert Hall: the performance of Knussen’s Violin Concerto – with soloist Leila Josefowicz – as part of Esa-Pekka Salonen’s Beethoven Unbound festival in 2005. Though a precocious overachiever as both conductor and composer – he made his debut with the London Symphony Orchestra leading the premiere of his own Symphony No. 1 at age 15 – Knussen has since worked slowly and thoughtfully, making each new work a much-anticipated event.
Our Conductor Laureate and a close musical friend in a world premiere.
A quintessential Salonen program, surrounding a world premiere with 20th-century classics for which he is well-known and much admired.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Bach & Schumann: Saturday, November 30, 2013 - 8:00pm
- Rachmaninoff with Dudamel & Wang: Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 8:00pm
- Dvořák’s “New World” with Christoph Eschenbach: Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Dudamel Conducts Brahms: Saturday, March 8, 2014 - 8:00pm
- MINIMALIST JUKEBOX: the CIVIL warS: Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 8:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.