You are here
Part of SU1 Sunday 1
About This Performance
The commission for a cello concerto from Oliver Knussen touches an important anniversary base in our first decade at Walt Disney Concert Hall: the performance of Knussen’s Violin Concerto – with soloist Leila Josefowicz – as part of Esa-Pekka Salonen’s Beethoven Unbound festival in 2005. Though a precocious overachiever as both conductor and composer – he made his debut with the London Symphony Orchestra leading the premiere of his own Symphony No. 1 at age 15 – Knussen has since worked slowly and thoughtfully, making each new work a much-anticipated event.
Our Conductor Laureate and a close musical friend in a world premiere.
A quintessential Salonen program, surrounding a world premiere with 20th-century classics for which he is well-known and much admired.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- 10TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION: Dudamel & Bronfman: Sunday, October 6, 2013 - 2:00pm
- Vivaldi with Perlman: Sunday, November 3, 2013 - 2:00pm
- Bruckner Eighth with Bychkov: Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 2:00pm
- Rachmaninoff with Dudamel & Wang: Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 2:00pm
- Hilary Hahn Plays Nielsen: Sunday, February 2, 2014 - 2:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.