You are here
Part of SU2 Sunday 2
About This Performance
Beethoven the pianist revolutionized what it meant to be a public performer, creating the template of the artist as a culture’s creative conscience. Dudamel and Andsnes bring their acclaimed Beethoven cycle to a climactic conclusion with the “Emperor” Concerto and the Choral Fantasy, with its pre-echoes of the "Ode to Joy."
Come for: "…a sense of balance, of musicality, of understanding not only the notes themselves but the wider context – where these pieces stand within Beethoven’s output and a broader historical perspective, too." (Gramophone, reviewing the first CD of Andsnes’ Beethoven Journey)
And more: Dudamel also includes John Adams' enthralling first piece for chorus and orchestra, Harmonium, based on striking poetry by John Donne and Emily Dickinson.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Berlioz’ Romeo & Juliet: Sunday, November 9, 2014 - 2:00pm
- Rachmaninoff’s Rhapsody: Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 2:00pm
- Górecki's Fourth Symphony: Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 2:00pm
- Schumann’s Piano Concerto: Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 2:00pm
- Tour de Force: Dudamel & Mahler 6: Sunday, March 8, 2015 - 2:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.