You are here
Part of SU1 Sunday 1
About This Performance
Wagnerian in sound and fury, Beethovenian in form and content, Bruckner’s extraordinary Eighth Symphony was a success at its premiere in Vienna, the week before Christmas in 1892. It had taken over six years to get to that point, however – three to compose it, then another three to revise it several times at the urging of conductors.
A work that is “the creation of a giant, surpassing in spiritual dimension and magnitude all the other symphonies of the master,” according to composer Hugo Wolf’s review of the premiere.
Russian conductor Semyon Bychkov has garnered astonishing reviews wherever he goes, including his previous visits to Walt Disney Concert Hall.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- 10TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION: Dudamel & Bronfman: Sunday, October 6, 2013 - 2:00pm
- 10TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION: Salonen Conducts Debussy & Bartók: Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 2:00pm
- Vivaldi with Perlman: Sunday, November 3, 2013 - 2:00pm
- Rachmaninoff with Dudamel & Wang: Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 2:00pm
- Hilary Hahn Plays Nielsen: Sunday, February 2, 2014 - 2:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.