You are here
Part of SA1 Saturday Evening 1
Listen Program Notes
About This Performance
From its scale and grandeur, it’s not hard to believe that Brahms’ First Piano Concerto began life as a symphony. But then, Brahms viewed a concerto as a large-scale “symphony with obbligato soloist.”
Come for: Enormous personality allied with enormous technique are requirements for doing battle with that most enormous of piano concertos, the Brahms First. Yefim Bronfman has it all.
And more: Gustavo Dudamel leads orchestral Bach not often played by the LA Phil.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Dudamel & Mahler 5: Saturday, October 4, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Mozart & Beethoven: Saturday, November 1, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Pictures at an Exhibition with Dudamel: Saturday, December 6, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Sibelius & Gorecki: Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 8:00pm
- Late Masterworks of Mozart & Bruckner: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 8:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.