You are here
Part of SA2 Saturday Evening 2
About This Performance
Taking full advantage of the rich sound of three cellos, Penderecki's piece runs a gamut from densely layered to unexpectedly austere, from astonishingly beautiful to seeming cacophony.
Come for: Elgar's much-loved masterpiece, which has fascinated audiences as much for its sweeping, kaleidoscopic music as for its clever personal allusions and riddles.
And more: Charles Dutoit is a legendary master of Ravel's vivid, zesty scores.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- BEETHOVEN CYCLE FINALE: Dudamel & Andsnes: Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 8:00pm
- All Mozart: Saturday, December 20, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Ax Plays Chopin: Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 8:00pm
- Chinese New Year: Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 8:00pm
- Tour de Force: Dudamel & Mahler 6: Saturday, March 7, 2015 - 8:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.