You are here
Part of SU1 Sunday 1
About This Performance
A legendary master of French music, Charles Dutoit begins with Ravel's gorgeous evocation of Spain. Penderecki's unique three-cello concerto serves as the centerpiece with Elgar's sweeping variations – with its clever personal allusions and unsolved riddle – bringing the program to a satisfying close.
Come for: Elgar's much-loved masterpiece.
And more: Penderecki takes full advantage of the rich sound of three cellos in his concerto, running the gamut from multiple layers to stark and simple.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
A special $20 price is available for select concerts in select sections throughout the season, including this concert. $20 Tickets can be purchased online, in person or via phone at 323.850.2000 (there is a per-ticket fee for all online and phone sales).
Upbeat Live: pre-concert talks
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Dudamel & Mahler 5: Sunday, October 5, 2014 - 2:00pm
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, "HURRICANE MAMA": Salonen, Saariaho & Sibelius: Sunday, October 26, 2014 - 2:00pm
- Pictures at an Exhibition with Dudamel: Sunday, December 7, 2014 - 2:00pm
- MTT @ 70: Beethoven's Missa Solemnis: Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 2:00pm
- Late Masterworks of Mozart & Bruckner: Sunday, February 1, 2015 - 2:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.