You are here
Part of SA3 Saturday Evening 3
About This Performance
A superstar of his generation, the charismatic cellist Gautier Capuçon joins Gustavo Dudamel and the Phil for the endless charms of the Haydn Cello Concerto and Schubert's singing "Little" C-major Symphony.
Come for: Charismatic cellist Gautier Capuçon paired with Haydn's cello concerto, and charismatic Gustavo Dudamel's way with Schubert's singing "Little" C-major Symphony.
And more: The Swiss Symbolist artist Arnold Böcklin is best-known – at least in musical circles – for The Isle of the Dead, which inspired Rachmaninoff’s tone poem of the same name. (Dudamel conducts that work on an art-themed program next week, Dec. 4-7.) The Isle of the Dead is also one of the four Böcklin paintings that Max Reger depicted in an orchestral suite, four years after Rachmaninoff's piece premiered.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, "HURRICANE MAMA": Salonen, Saariaho & Sibelius: Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Rachmaninoff’s Rhapsody: Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 8:00pm
- MTT @ 70: Beethoven's Missa Solemnis: Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 8:00pm
- Brilliant Brass: Saturday, February 7, 2015 - 8:00pm
- Ravel x3: Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 8:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.