You are here
About This Performance
Giuseppe Verdi | Te Deum
Carl Orff | Carmina Burana
Perhaps the most iconic and recognized choral work of the 20th century, Carmina Burana has been performed 16 times by the LA Master Chorale and has been conducted by all four music directors. Taken from the writings of medieval poets, defrocked monks, vagabond scholars and minstrels, Carmina presents a sprawling panorama of hopelessly human lovers with lechers, gamblers, drunkards and maidens behaving at their worst. Verdi’s Te Deum offers a modicum of retribution to balance the program, considered by Grant Gershon as one of his “desert island pieces” because of its lush sound, with every phrase chock full of meaning.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
STREET CLOSURES FOR GRAND PARK EVENT:
Street closures will be in affect on Broadway and Spring St. between First and Temple beginning Friday, November 1 at 6PM
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Los Angeles Master Chorale: Messiah Sing-Along: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 - 7:30pm
- Los Angeles Master Chorale: Festival of Carols: Saturday, December 14, 2013 - 2:00pm
- Los Angeles Master Chorale: Handel: Messiah: Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 7:00pm
- Los Angeles Master Chorale: Handel: Messiah: Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 7:00pm
- Los Angeles Master Chorale: Bach B Minor Mass: Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 2:00pm
Can’t decide which concert is for you? Try Concert Master!
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.