Part of SU2 Sunday 2
About This Performance
Mahler’s penultimate completed work is unclassifiable – neither song cycle, symphony, nor operatic drama. His penetrating settings of ancient Chinese poems reveal a universe of experience within an individual, our relationship to nature, and the sometimes cruel, sometimes beautiful cycle of life. Dudamel is joined by two spectacular singing artists.
No staging or video for the April 8 performance.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Test test test
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Mozart 1791: Scenes from The Magic Flute: Sunday, October 8, 2017 - 2:00pm
- West Side Story: Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 2:00pm
- Mozart & Bruckner with Mehta: Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 2:00pm
- Mälkki: Strauss and Saarinen: Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 2:00pm
- Composer Salonen: Violin Concerto: Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 2:00pm