You are here
Part of FRM Friday Midday
About This Performance
Rachmaninoff was still a teenager at the Moscow Conservatory when he completed his Piano Concerto No. 1 – for the first time, that is. He revised it some 26 years later, writing to a friend: “I have rewritten my First Concerto. It is really good now. All the youthful freshness is there, and yet it plays itself so much more easily.”
Two roughly contemporary but highly contrasting Russian works from two of the most charismatic artists.
A new piece by the highly regarded young Icelandic composer Daníel Bjarnason, whose work we have championed in recent seasons.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Vivaldi with Perlman: Friday, November 1, 2013 - 11:00am
- Zimmermann Plays Dvořák: Friday, November 22, 2013 - 11:00am
- TCHAIKOVSKYFEST: Symphonies 1 & 6: Friday, February 21, 2014 - 11:00am
- Mozart & Brahms: Friday, April 4, 2014 - 11:00am
- Sibelius with Dudamel & Joshua Bell: Friday, May 16, 2014 - 11:00am
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.