Part of SA3 Saturday Evening 3
About This Performance
Ravel’s Concerto for the Left Hand was written for the Austrian pianist Paul Wittgenstein, who had lost his right arm in World War I. Ravel composed it after a four-month concert tour of North American, in which he met George Gershwin and attended a jazz concert in Harlem, increasing his admiration for the American idiom, which influenced aspects of the concerto.
Come for: Three Ravel hits in one evening, with special guest Jean-Yves Thibaudet.
And more: The leading baritone of his generation, Gerald Finley, in a world premiere.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, "HURRICANE MAMA": Salonen, Saariaho & Sibelius: Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Haydn & Schubert: Saturday, November 29, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Rachmaninoff’s Rhapsody: Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 8:00pm
- MTT @ 70: Beethoven's Missa Solemnis: Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 8:00pm
- Brilliant Brass: Saturday, February 7, 2015 - 8:00pm
Can’t decide which concert is for you? Try Concert Master!
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.