You are here
Part of SU2 Sunday 2
About This Performance
Ravel’s Concerto for the Left Hand was written for the Austrian pianist Paul Wittgenstein, who had lost his right arm in World War I. Ravel composed it after a four-month concert tour of North American, in which he met George Gershwin and attended a jazz concert in Harlem, increasing his admiration for the American idiom, which influenced aspects of the concerto.
Come for: Three Ravel hits in one evening, with special guest Jean-Yves Thibaudet.
And more: The leading baritone of his generation, Gerald Finley, in a world premiere.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- BEETHOVEN CYCLE FINALE: Dudamel & Andsnes: Sunday, October 12, 2014 - 2:00pm
- Berlioz’ Romeo & Juliet: Sunday, November 9, 2014 - 2:00pm
- Rachmaninoff’s Rhapsody: Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 2:00pm
- Górecki's Fourth Symphony: Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 2:00pm
- Schumann’s Piano Concerto: Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 2:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.