Part of SA1 Saturday Evening 1
About This Performance
The incomparable Richard Goode joins us for the exquisite concerto that Mozart composed for a young blind virtuoso named Maria Theresa Paradis. Then, Manze leads a rare performance of Vaughan Williams’ vividly dramatic and expressive Sixth Symphony. Although VW wouldn’t confirm that it was a reaction to the sufferings of WWII, it is clearly in a different world from his more pastoral achievements.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Mozart 1791: Scenes from The Magic Flute: Saturday, October 7, 2017 - 8:00pm
- Dutoit Conducts Ravel: Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 8:00pm
- Hilary Hahn Plays Bernstein: Saturday, December 2, 2017 - 8:00pm
- Mozart & Bruckner with Mehta: Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 8:00pm
- Mälkki: Strauss and Saarinen: Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 8:00pm