Part of SA2 Saturday Evening 2
Schumann: Das Paradies und die Peri (c. 95 minutes)
About This Performance
To conclude his Schumann survey, Dudamel teams with Peter Sellars for the rarely performed oratorio on Thomas Moore’s poem about a peri – a fairy-like spirit somewhere between an angel and a devil – who is trying to re-enter heaven by finding the gift that God will like best.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Mozart 1791: Final Piano Concerto: Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 8:00pm
- A Midsummer Night's Dream: Saturday, November 4, 2017 - 8:00pm
- Itzhak Perlman Plays & Conducts: Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 8:00pm
- Composer Salonen: Piano Concerto: Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 8:00pm
- A Trip to the Moon: Saturday, March 3, 2018 - 8:00pm