You are here
Part of TH2 Thursday 2
About This Performance
“Tragic” was the label Mahler once used for his Sixth Symphony, arguably his darkest. “Not one of his works came as directly from his inmost heart as this,” his wife, Alma, wrote. Powerful and monumental, this is orchestral music at its most gripping and dramatic.
Come for: To hear Dudamel conduct music by Mahler is inevitably a memorable occasion, as Dudamel has a special affinity for this composer.
And more: The LA Phil has a massive wood box with an equally massive sledgehammer to realize Mahler’s famous “hammer blows.”
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- BEETHOVEN CYCLE FINALE with Dudamel & Andsnes: Thursday, October 9, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Visions of America: Amériques (with video): Thursday, November 6, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Pictures at an Exhibition with Dudamel: Thursday, December 4, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Emanuel Ax Plays Chopin: Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 8:00pm
- Chinese New Year: From Tchaikovsky to Tan Dun: Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 8:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.