You are here
Part of SU2 Sunday 2
About This Performance
In the turbulent years of the early 20th century, many of Europe’s leading composers such as Igor Stravinsky and Edgard Varèse emigrated to the U.S., some settling in Los Angeles. This stimulating program will explore those artists and the works inspired by, and created in, their “new world.” Gifted young Turkish-born media artist Refik Anadol will create a world premiere video work for Amériques, Varèse’s masterpiece for large orchestra.
PLEASE NOTE: This program replaces the previously announced presentation of Berlioz’ Romeo & Juliet.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- BEETHOVEN CYCLE FINALE with Dudamel & Andsnes: Sunday, October 12, 2014 - 2:00pm
- Rachmaninoff’s Rhapsody: Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 2:00pm
- Sibelius & Gorecki: Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 2:00pm
- Martha Argerich Plays Schumann: Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 2:00pm
- Dudamel & Mahler 6: Sunday, March 8, 2015 - 2:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.