Join the 10 year celebration by sharing your favorite Walt Disney Concert Hall photos.Return to #WDCH10 Photo Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: #WDCH10 contest (the "Promotion") is open only to legal residents of California who are at least the age of majority at the time of entry. Employees, directors, and officers of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association, Hollywood Bowl, and their respective partners, owner, parent, subsidiaries and affiliate companies, advertising and promotional agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each of the foregoing are not eligible to participate. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Los Angeles Philharmonic Association ("Sponsor" or "Administrator"), 151 S Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
3. Term: The Promotion begins on Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 3pm Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on Monday, November 11, 2013 at 5pm PT (the "Promotion Period"). The term for entry (the “Entry Period”) shall be from Tuesday, October 1, 2013 until Monday, November 11, 2013, 12pm PT. Administrator's computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. One winner will be selected weekly through the Promotion Period. Winners will be notified on the Mondayof the respective week, by 5pm PT.
4. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter. Before entering, the “Photos Are Private” option in your Instagram account settings must be set to “OFF”. During the Entry Period, (i) pick one of your original Walt Disney Concert Hall photos and (ii) tag your photo with the hashtag #WDCH10 in the caption. You may enter as many photos as you like during the Entry Period as long as each photo is different. Each uploaded photo will be counted as one (1) “entry” and is subject to the requirements outlined below. All entries must be complete and received before the end of the Entry Period to be eligible for the prize drawing. All entries along with the entrant’s social media account name may be publicly posted on the Promotion site during the Promotion Period. Entries may only be submitted by a single registered user, group submissions are not permissible. Each entrant shall be solely responsible for obtaining normal internet access and any applicable device usage charges imposed by on-line service providers.
5. Entry Requirements: To be eligible, all entries must comply with the following restrictions:
(i) Your image must be your own original image, created and shot by and/or featuring you; must not have been previously published, released or distributed in any form; must not have been entered into any other drawing or competition nor won any award; and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity. Modification of an existing image does not count as original for purposes of this Promotion.
(ii) You represent that you have the express consent of any identifiable persons appearing in the image to their likeness being used in the ways set out in these Official Rules, including Sponsor’s right to use the image for any future commercial purpose without restrictions, penalty and/or any additional cost to you or any third party. Upon request, you will obtain written consent of any such featured persons for Sponsor. If any person appearing in the image is under the age of majority in their state of residence, the written consent and signature of a parent or legal guardian is required. The image must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person, or any copyrighted material.
(iii) Excepting those of Sponsor, the image must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product or service.
(iv) The image must not be lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, violate any laws or otherwise contain content which Sponsor in its sole discretion decides is inappropriate or objectionable.
Entries that do not comply with the above requirements may not be eligible and, if submitted, may be removed at any time in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes violates or potentially violates any of the foregoing requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Official Rules, or any federal, state or local laws. Entrants agree to reimburse Sponsor and Sponsor Affiliates in full in respect of any losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees that they may sustain from the breach of a representation or warranty made by the entrant or the use of any rights granted by the entrant to Sponsor hereunder. By entering, entrant warrants that the submitted image complies with the entry requirements set out above including those at (i)-(iv) above. By entering, entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, assignable license to reproduce that image and to otherwise use, exploit, copy, modify, adapt, edit, publish and display the image in any form, manner, venue, media or technology now known or later developed for any and all purposes, including, without limitation, for purposes of trade, advertising, and promotion as Sponsor and its licensees or assignees determine, without further compensation, notification, or permission. Further, by entering, the entrant hereby waives any moral rights the entrant may have in the image in favor of the Sponsor. At Sponsor’s request and in its sole discretion, entrants may be required to execute an assignment and release transferring all rights and ownership of their image to Sponsor, the form of such assignment to be determined by Sponsor.
5. Contest: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sponsor will select one (1) weekly contest winner from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
6. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE PROMOTION SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY AS CONTEST WINNER HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
7. Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and any applicable Federal, State and local law, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winner will be notified on Instagram. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of Instagram account, email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Each potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release ("Affidavit") (except where prohibited), which must be received by Sponsor within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize (if applicable). If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the required time period (if applicable), prize is returned as undeliverable, or potential winner is disqualified for any reason, such potential winner forfeits the prize, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. Prize: One (1) winner will be selected weekly to receive two (2) tickets to a Walt Disney Concert Hall performance (exact date TBD) and (1) Walt Disney Concert Hall cover feature, to be shared with other weekly contest winners. Cover image will be included in the Spring program book of Walt Disney Concert Hall. NO TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM WINNER’S HOME IS PROVIDED TO WALT DISNEY CONCERT HALL FOR THE PERFORMANCE. Prize is not transferrable or exchangeable.
P All prize details not specified in the Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize tickets must be used on dates specified or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate; no alternative dates are available, except as otherwise specifically provided herein. A minor may accompany winner as a guest only if the winner is the minor’s parent or legal guardian. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the featured artist(s). In the event the performance is cancelled solely due to force majeure or artist cancellation, as applicable, winner’s sole remedy shall be receive replacement tickets to event of similar value within 6 months from the cancelled event date. Lost, stolen or damaged event tickets will not be replaced or exchanged.
No cash equivalent and all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes and other fees and costs associated with prize receipt and/or use, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, are used. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $500. Actual prize value may vary. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. The ARV of the prize(s) is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes where required by law. The winners may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. Winner may be issued an IRS 1099 form for prize, to the extent applicable.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Los Angeles Philharmonic , partners and their respective owners, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any and all claims, alleged claims, liability, loss, damage or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt, including, without limitation, use, or misuse of any prize. Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California ("Section 1542") and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
Notwithstanding anything contained to the contrary herein, all entrants and winner acknowledge and agree that Sponsor and partners are separate entities and neither shall be held jointly and severally liable for the obligations and/or liabilities of the other. For the avoidance of doubt, in connection with the Promotion award, Sponsor’s sole responsibility shall be to provide winner with two (2) tickets to a Walt Disney Concert Hall performance (exact date TBD).
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner's consent to Released Parties’ use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented, without territorial or time limitations and without further payment or consideration.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, virus, bugs or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, computer systems, network hardware or software, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. By entering, entrants agree that any disputes arising from the Promotion shall be submitted for arbitration in Los Angeles County, California.
15. For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: #WDCH10 Contest, Los Angeles Philharmonic Association, 151 S Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90012. Requests must be received by November 18, 2013.