Artist Driver (CDL Preferred)
April 30, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Artist Driver (CDL Preferred)
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Artist Driver, reporting to the Artistic Liaison, will transport musical artists and equipment between hotels, airports, Walt Disney Concert Hall or Hollywood Bowl, and other locations, driving a variety of LA Philharmonic vehicles (including a 15-passenger van) for the Hollywood Bowl summer season, with a specific need for the Playboy Jazz Festival.
Availability for the Playboy Jazz Festival being request is June 7-10, 2019, with a required staff meeting to be scheduled in the week leading up to the festival. Drivers must be available to work up to 16-hour days for this festival.
- Pick up and drop off artists and/or equipment safely and efficiently, following traffic regulations at all times.
- Load and unload luggage, musical instruments and prop equipment as needed into and out of vehicles.
- Run errands as assigned by Artist Department and Presentations staff in relation to productions.
- Maintain a flexible schedule when at all possible to accommodate fluid transportation schedule.
- Arrange optimal driving routes, taking into consideration traffic, the time of day, and possible obstacles.
- Ensure vehicles are clean and well-maintained and report problems with them.
- Maintain regular communication with the Artist Department.
- Provide weekly availability of at minimum of 15 hours per week, one-week in advance of schedule release.
- Maintain strict confidentiality all times regarding information shared by artists, LA Phil employees and others while driving, onstage, backstage or elsewhere while on or off duty
- Maintain discretion at all times especially while driving artists and others; only create a conversation if and when the person(s) being driven engages you in conversation.
- Do not answer questions that you are not sure of – respond that you will find out and get back to them later.
- Other duties as requested by Artist Liaison or other members of Artistic Planning department.
- Valid California Drivers License required; Commercial Drivers License (CDL) preferred. If hired without CDL must be willing to be trained and obtain it.
- Clean driving record.
- Familiar with Los Angeles area, freeway system and traffic patterns and good with directions/maps.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with excellent judgment and discretion.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including days, nights and overtime hours.
- Demonstrate a customer service orientation and be resourceful, organized and willing to take responsibility to complete assignments.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English. Multi-lingual is a plus.
- Professional demeanor, well-groomed appearance, and positive attitude.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds and drive for extended periods.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.