Box Office Treasurer
March 12, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Box Office Treasurer
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Box Office Treasurer, reporting to the Director, Sales and Customer Experience, oversees Box Office operations and personnel at the Hollywood Bowl.
- Manage full and part-time staff.
- Daily reconciliation of box office receipts and sales.
- Successfully implement a patron service philosophy to be communicated and supported by all box office staff.
- Maintain policies that guarantee the highest possible level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain methods and procedures to achieve timely and accurate resolution of customer inquiries.
- Ensure all events, subscriptions and ticket packages are built, proofed and available for sale on ticketing systems.
- Manage subscription process including renewals, upgrade requests and interaction with telesales as well as Development for special handling of donors.
- Prepare weekly work schedule and submit payroll for Box Office employees.
- Set-up and closedown Box Office corresponding to schedule of events including, but not limited to: ordering equipment, supplies, assigning computer codes, etc.
- Verify events, ticket text, ticket prices, house capacity, and special requests within systems for accounting purposes.
- Plan, manage and maintain box office budget.
- Maintain historical data and information regarding daily ticket sales.
- Work with Director of Sales & Customer Experience to support producers of lease events by appropriately customizing Box Office operations and providing cost figures.
- Fill requests for complimentary tickets, VIP's, Founders and other special ticket requests. Ensure complimentary ticket access is securely managed.
- Collaborate with the Walt Disney Concert Hall Box Office Treasurer to order all ticketing stock (including parking) and oversee design of all forms used by the ticketing staff and ticketing systems.
- Oversee printing and mailing of tickets as well as refund checks.
- Coordinate ticket sales for all events using LAPA Box Office such as the Pasadena Showcase, Peninsula Music Fair, Korean Times Festival and other venues as required where the LAPA may perform.
- Maintain seating chart for Hollywood Bowl.
- Oversee operations during performances; assist with sales and customer service if a shortage of ticket sellers occurs.
- Oversee financial aspects of Box Office including, but not limited to: maintaining a change fund, verifying direct deposit of charge sales, control numbering of checks, telephone bills and other invoices, etc.
- Provide statements of sales for concerts, parking, tables, picnic areas, etc. and maintain records of sales, “Dead tickets”, comp requests, ticket donations, and other reports as required from the appropriate ticketing systems.
- Proof marketing materials for print and online media
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in ticketing and box office procedures with proven track record of excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate solid leadership, interpersonal and written communication, and sales skills.
- The ability to be accessible, accountable and act responsibly always.
- Ability to work with numbers and a general understanding of accounting.
- Proficiency with Tessitura and Ticketmaster software.
- Team player with the ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to coordinate with multiple distribution channels and help develop strategies to support and grow client relationships.
- Ability to perform under stress while maintaining a courteous and professional attitude toward customers and team members.
- Computer literate, fluent in full Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to work flexible hours and be available for evenings and weekends.
- Ability to remain seated at computer for extended periods.
- A positive customer service attitude and behavior.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Basic knowledge of a variety of music genres helpful.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
How to apply:
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com with the subject line: Box Office Treasurer Application.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.