Junior Graphic Designer
February 27, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Junior Graphic Designer
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The LA Phil is looking for a highly creative, detail oriented Junior Graphic Designer to join its fast-paced Creative Services Team to support the organizations 250+ yearly concerts and institutional initiatives. The Junior Graphic Designer, reporting to the Art Director, should have the ability to work efficiently with collaborators and execute print heavy projects based on strategic direction and mood boards to meet deadlines. The Junior Designer’s work should reflect the LA Phil’s spirit of innovation and communicate the brand visually to a variety of constituents. A positive, work-hard mentality and passion for branding, design, photography, video, and music would be a perfect fit for the team.
- Production and design of original and existing marketing collateral across all delivery platforms, digital and print, in support of the LA Phil’s 250+ yearly concerts and institutional initiatives.
- Under supervision from the Art Director and other design staff, you will manage design and production processes from concept to production ready art. This position will also support the design staff with their project needs. Duties include color correction, resizing of assets and imagery, layout and press check.
- Maintain LA Phil brand throughout materials while integrating new creative ideas
- This role requires high level of technical skills, self-motivation and problem solving
- Archiving of Photography and asset libraries for Creative Services
- Design degree and/or two to four years of integrated graphic design expertise, including online and print
- A portfolio that demonstrates a modern design aesthetic and excellent use of typographic detail and styling. Examples of print and digital deliverables is required.
- High level of technical skills, self-motivation for creative learning and problem solving with an excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- The ability to remain calm under pressure in fast-paced, rigorous environment with a team-focused and problem solving attitude.
- Good organizational and time management skills needed to manage multiple projects and re-priorizations, while taking ownership of the quality of each of your own deliverables.
- Expert Adobe CC InDesign and Photoshop.
- Proficient in retouching through Adobe CC Photoshop or Lightroom.
- Proficient in Adobe CC Illustrator.
- Motion or animation skills a plus.
- Passion for music. Familiarity with Classical music a plus.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.