August 5, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Production Artist, reporting to the Art Director, is a highly creative and skilled member of the fast-paced Creative Services Department, in support of the LA Phil’s 250+ yearly concerts and institutional initiatives. This position is part-time and must be available to work on-site approximately 28 hours per week.
- Production and design of original and existing marketing assets across all delivery platforms, digital and print, including but not limited to web banners, flyers, and in-venue digital screens
- Under supervision of the Art Director and Creative Services team members, you will design and prepare assets for final delivery
- Support the design staff with their project needs. Duties include resizing of assets and imagery, color correction, and layout
- Maintain LA Phil brand across multiple platforms
- This role requires high level of technical skills, self-motivation and problem solving
- Archiving of assets for Creative Services
- Other duties as required
- Design degree and/or two years of integrated graphic design experience, and knowledge of both print and digital processes
- Expert InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and retouching skills required
- Excellent production skills, including long-form text setting, and knowledge of styles and shortcuts
- A portfolio that demonstrates a modern design aesthetic and excellent use of typography
- Good organizational and time management skills needed to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible attitude and the ability to remain calm under pressure in fast-paced, rigorous environment
- Passion for music. Familiarity with Classical music a plus.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.