Retail Sales Supervisor
December 27, 2018
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Retail Sales Supervisor
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Retail Sales Supervisor, reporting to the Director of Retail Services, is a key member of the LA Phil Retail team responsible for the successful operation of the LA Phil and Hollywood Bowl Stores primarily during concerts and events. The Retail Sales Supervisor is a front-line professional who demonstrates effective team leadership, retail sales abilities, classical and general music knowledge, product expertise, exceptional customer service and store operation skills.
- Professionally manages stores operations during the peak sales periods, up to four locations are active during the Hollywood Bowl season
- Assigns job duties to Sales Associates and directs their work to ensure a high level of customer service
- Models excellent team leadership skills and builds genuine relationships with Sales Associates and customers
- Opens and closes stores in compliance with LA Phil standards, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for Sales Associate training and evaluation
- Demonstrates programming and product knowledge. Disseminates information to Sales Associates and customers to support a successful and educational store experience
- Ensures store appearance and product presentations are well-maintained
- Develops expert knowledge of POS system
- Assists with inventory management and receiving process
- Supervises Sales Associates, coordinates break schedules and directs tasks
- Initiates opportunities to improve the stores’ sales, service, efficiency and productivity.
- Makes suggestions, implements plans and evaluates results
- Other duties as assigned
- Work shifts consist of primarily evenings and weekends in support of concert performances
- 3-5 years experience in specialty retail and running a sales floor
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and make solid judgement decisions based on policy
- Thrives in a fast-paced retail environment, ability to juggle competing priorities
- Eager learner with music knowledge and an appreciation for the arts and architecture
- Strong communication skills with experience in coaching feedback and positive customer service outcomes
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability, engaging interpersonal skills
- Ability to grasp business concepts related to product performance
- Experience with POS systems and cash handling
- Flexible schedule, evenings and weekend shifts are required
- Ability to multi task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Ability to sort, count, analyze and verify numbers
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.