Sales Associate - LA Phil Store
April 26, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Sales Associate (Part-Time) at the LA Phil & Hollywood Bowl Store
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
Provide excellent customer service in a busy, fast paced retail environment and assist with the day-to-day operations of the LA Phil and Hollywood Bowl Stores.
- Customer Service – Create a welcoming, professional and friendly store experience. Provides an efficient check out process and is knowledgeable about all products, especially concert-related goods.
- Information - Be knowledgeable about Los Angeles Philharmonic and Hollywood Bowl performances, activities and leased events in order to be able to discuss them with guests. Distribute information.
- Store operations – Follow open/close procedures, point of sale operations, cash handling, gift card sales, returns, respond to and direct phone calls.
- Visual Merchandising – Restock shelves, straighten merchandise, ensure displays are clean, keep back stock organized and in its proper location, update visual displays.
- Inventory Control - Check in and label received merchandise, ensure items are priced correctly.
- Signings and Special Events – Assist with event operations including equipment set up/tear down, sales and post event reconciliation.
- Other duties may be assigned as business needs dictate.
- Previous retail sales experience with POS registers required.
- Must have excellent communication skills with ability to work in an intense busy atmosphere
- Retail experience selling music, accessories, and gifts a plus
- Flexible schedule required for evening and weekend shifts
- Culture consumer with a passion for music
- Ability to bend, stand and walk (including stairs and hilly terrain) for up to the entire shift and the ability to work outside
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs
- High School diploma or equivalent is required with some college preferred and two years of retail experience.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.