Senior Manager, Development Operations and Analytics
April 30, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Senior Manager, Development Operations and Analytics
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Senior Manager, Development Operations and Analytics, reporting to the Director, Development Operations, will assist with creation and execution of daily tasks and ongoing systems and process improvements to support and advance the fundraising and outreach efforts of the organization.
In conjunction with the Director, Development Operations, the Senior Manager will implement and maintain systems for maximizing the functionality and reporting capabilities of development software (Tessitura). This highly collaborative individual will proactively recommend and implement solutions for automation and reporting with an emphasis on efficiency, consistency and best practices for information management, gift administration and donor relations relative to philanthropic programs and outreach initiatives.
The Senior Manager will be proficient in overall non-profit fundraising and development operations best practices, as well as relevant relational database or CRM usage.
- Support the timely and accurate workflow of constituent and gift information into the development database, from hard copy through data entry, to data analysis and reporting.
- Establish and maintain agreed upon gift entry procedures and coding standards.
- Execute important initiatives to streamline, automate and maintain any routine procedures associated with gift entry, membership tracking, prospect management and other essential Development Dept. tasks.
- Consult with and advise Development Dept. staff for list generation and report preparation. Independently or in collaboration with external experts, create and execute standard and customized database reports that meet the evolving needs of the fundraising teams.
- Execute regularly scheduled and ad hoc lists or reports, verify for accuracy and distribute.
- Maintain standardized tools and procedures to track end-user list and report requests, as well as data management and database improvement projects.
- Lead and manage Development analytics initiatives using Tessitura Business Intelligence Suite and other tools as appropriate.
- Lead the design and execution of key performance indicators and financial reporting for all development department fundraising programs.
- Support strategic digital fundraising initiatives for Development including but not limited to website development and maintenance, social media presence, and digital communication execution.
- Manage the relationship between Marketing and Development to unify patron messaging and experience across departments.
- Manage Development ticketing schedules and timelines and represent Development in all ticketing-related planning.
- Assist with donor subscription upgrade process for Hollywood Bowl (HB) and Walt Disney Concert Hall (WDCH) and implement or support policies to facilitate services and ticket availability between Donor Associates (DA) at both box offices and Development staff or donors.
- Liaise with IT Database Administration Manager and other managers and key stakeholders to establish and maintain organizational standards for database usage and data integrity across patron platforms.
- Liaise with Finance Dept. to ensure accurate and timely contribution reconciliations.
- Train new department hires on proper usage and best practices for Tessitura.
- Participate in meetings with software vendors and IT department regarding technology utilization and improvements.
- Act as back-up for other Development Operations staff, as needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years using non-profit industry database or CRM solutions for fundraising or membership program recording and reporting. Preferential consideration given for Tessitura knowledge.
- Substantial knowledge of non-profit fundraising vocabulary, best practices and standards such as relevant IRS and FASB publications and guidelines, CASE reporting standards and others.
- Previous experience with sophisticated report designer and visualization tools.
- Strong overall data reporting and analysis abilities.
- Expertise with PC platforms and current office software systems.
- Must be collaborative, organized, detail-oriented, accurate and efficient; excellent project management skills and follow through; strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be comfortable multi-tasking and asking for help when needed.
- Membership and participation in professional associations and educational opportunities such as TLCC, AASP, CASE/DRIVE, NTEN, and others.
- College degree in related field or comparable work experience.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.